- (04:56) /
- Category: None
DOWNHILL MOUNTAIN BIKING VIDEOS - OSTRICH BICYCLE BAGS - POCKET BIKE REPAIR
Downhill Mountain Biking Videos
- Mountain biking is a sport which consists of riding bicycles off-road, often over rough terrain, using specially adapted mountain bikes. Mountain bikes share similarities with other bikes, but incorporate features designed to enhance durability and performance in rough terrain.
- A designated, rugged, natural surfaced, single track trail that offers a range of riding opportunities.
- is the sport of riding bicycles in a more extreme way, although not necessarily off paved roads—trials and street riding are examples of types of mountain biking based more around urban areas. It requires endurance, bike handling skills and self-reliance.
- the downward slope of a hill
- Leading down toward the bottom of a slope
- Without difficulty or challenge
- Leading to a steadily worsening situation
- declivitous: sloping down rather steeply
- toward a lower or inferior state; "your performance has been going downhill for a long time now"
- The system of recording, reproducing, or broadcasting moving visual images on or from videotape
- A videocassette
- video recording: a recording of both the visual and audible components (especially one containing a recording of a movie or television program)
- A movie or other piece of material recorded on videotape
- (video) the visible part of a television transmission; "they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone"
- (video) (computer science) the appearance of text and graphics on a video display
Follow Me DVD
Breaking from the traditional format of single rider segments, Follow Me documents what happens when the world's best downhillers, freeriders and slope stylers ride together on some of the best trails on the planet.
A portrait of modern mountain bike lifestyle and culture
Riders: Sam Hill, Gee Atherton, Darren Berreclough, Ben Boyko, Brendan Fairclough, Geoff Gulevich, Matt Hunter, Cam McCaul, Brandon Semenuk, Steve Smith, Kurt Sorge, Thomas Vanderham
Locations: Queenstown NZ, Baja (Punta San Carlos), Whistler, Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Mt. Washington, the North Shore, Sunshine Coast, Kamloops, Mt. Hood
Microadventure 2: Use Your Weekend
My aim for the year is to showcase small, cheap, simple, close-to-home microadventures. Microadventures serve to scratch the itch for adventurous souls trapped by the bludgeoning of fate in sensible office jobs. They act as stepping stones for people who dream of a major expedition but feel that at the moment they are not quite ready. And they are a kick up the backside to anyone whinging and whining with excuses about how they don’t have the time or the money or the skills to get out there and challenge themselves. I have started deliberately small, with ideas that absolutely anyone can manage. In January I entered a race. And in February I went for a weekend away. These are micro microadventures. But they are brilliant.
If you add up all the weekends, statutory leave and Bank Holidays you’ll discover that you have at least 132 free days every year. 132 days is a long time. You could row across the Indian Ocean in 132 days. The difficulty of course is the fragmented nature of these 132 days. You have to be determined to use your weekends rather than frittering them with IKEA and the X-Factor.
So my microadventure for this month is a challenge to Use Your Weekend. Annoyingly I live about as far from wilderness as is possible. And yet by late morning on Saturday I was still high on a Welsh hillside, breathing in fresh air, looking down over the sunlit Bristol Channel, and about to scare myself silly on a downhill mountain bike trail.
Go somewhere you have never been before. Ride hard. Get wet, cold and muddy. Laugh with your mates. Then relax, aching and exhausted, having earned your beer. Use Your Weekend.
Do you have any examples of inspiring, invigorating weekend microadventures?
And do you have any recommendations of microadventures I can try this year? Have your say in the comments or let me know on Twitter @al_humphreys
Nick Railing Brackentrail 1
SORCA Pre Race video, behind the scenes. Railing Brackentrail 1.
mountain bike toe clips
electric bicycle prices
bicycle helmet safety statistics
universal car bike rack
best value road bike
dirt bikes parts for sale
used recumbent bikes for sale
hot wheels 12 inch bike